Steps required to set up SMTP 09-12-2013 Creator: Paul

Home Forums Steps required to set up SMTP 09-12-2013 Creator: Paul

• This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TalaiaOpenPPM
    Participant

Seeking simple instructions on how to set-up SMTP so users can reset their passwords.
    Currently running OpenPPM v2.0 on MS 2008R2 server, corporate mail is exchange, want to be able to send password reset messages to username@mycompanydomain.com

-jyike (10-06-2014)

Hi Paul,

Were you successful in setting this up? I just installed OpenPPM as well and was looking to do the same (setting up SMTP).

-drkangld (20-01-2015)

I’m trying to get SMTP working as well. How else do you change passwords?
    I keep getting a “javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful” error. Everything else seems to work fine. I’ve installed IIS/SMTP locally on the server (W2K12). Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Joan Barceló (25-02-2015)

Hi drkangld. I hope you are still alive 😉

Mail configuration is in the openppm.properties file, in “WEB-INF\classes”

In order to change mail configuration, you must edit and modify the following fields:

mail.notification=false
    mail.smtp.host=smtp.localhost.com
    mail.smtp.user=openppm@localhost.com
    mail.smtp.pass=openppm
    mail.smtp.no_reply=no-reply@localhost.com
    mail.smtp.port=587
    mail.smtp.tls=true

If you don’t have configurated the mail settings, as above, default password is the same as the username. When mail configuration is done, openppm is able to generate notifications, therefore when you create a new user, this new user will receive by email its default password.

Then, the normal way of changing password is that every user, login with its own password, click on its user on the top right corner of the screen and can edit its account and modify the information.

If user do not remember its password, PMO is able to reset the user password going to the Maintenance Contacts Screen and click on the eye in order to edit de user details.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

-Julieth Cobos (17-12-2015)

Hello
    I’m trying to send notification emails from OpenPPM and generates the message ” Email account is not Correctly configured ” .

-Talaia (17-12-2015)

Julieth,
    Which version of OpenPPM are using?
    Fabrice

Julieth Cobos (17-12-2015)

Fabrice,
    The version is “Community Bulma v4.2.9”

-Talaia (18-12-2015)

Julieth,

This is the Old Forum for the old versión of OpenPPM
    In Bulma, mail configuration is done in the Admin Module.
    For this you need to Log In as user: admin; Password: admin and Go to the Email Settings Tab.
    Fill all the required fields in order to connect OpenPPM to a mail account that OpenPPM can generate notification.
    Then in the same Tab, in the Notification section, Check the Mail Notification to activate notification and check all the notification you want to activate.

Fabrice

-Julieth Cobos (18-12-2015)

Hi

I do mail settings as you mention .
    The error is generated OpenPPM to send notifications from the PMO account by assigning projects , password reset notification , etc ..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.