Tomcat 7 installation error 20-08-2015 Creator: Ronald Kibuuka

Home Forums OpenPPM Bulma 4.2.9 Tomcat 7 installation error 20-08-2015 Creator: Ronald Kibuuka

• This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TalaiaOpenPPM
    Participant

Hello. I am new to Openppm and greatly want to try it out. After following and installation guide as best i can, i always get a tomcat servlet error when i point my browser to localhost:8080/openppm
    I also noted that tomcat7 cannot start when setenv is executed.
    Could anyone offer some assistance as to how to get Openppm functional in Ubuntu 14.10, MySQL and Tomcat7?
    Thanks

-Joan Barceló (21-08-2015)

Hi Ronald,

can you post the content of the setenv file and the error?

Regards,

-Ronald Kibuuka (21-08-2015)

Hi Joan,
    The contents of my setenv file as below:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Djava.security.auth.login.config=”%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/jaas.config” -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -server

but when i put this file in the /usr/share/tomcat/bin folder, tomcat cannot start.

so i edited the tomcat7 file found in /etc/default/ to include the following:

JAVA_OPTS=”-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Djava.security.auth.login.config=“/var/lib/tomcat7/conf/jaas.config” -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -server”

but when i try to access the installation on :8080/openppm i get the following error

type Exception report

message Servlet execution threw an exception

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
    root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class es.sm2.openppm.utils.hibernate.SessionFactoryUtil
    es.sm2.openppm.core.logic.impl.SettingLogic.findSetting(SettingLogic.java:64)
    es.sm2.openppm.front.servlets.AbstractGenericServlet.service(AbstractGenericServlet.java:124)
    es.sm2.openppm.front.servlets.LoginServlet.service(LoginServlet.java:82)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.56 (Ubuntu) logs.

Any advice?

-Ronald Kibuuka (22-08-2015)

Solve the issue by using MariaDB instead of MySQL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.