The Resource Scenario Simulator is a new functionality included in TALAIA in February 2018 from version TALAIA OpenPPM ® – Project Portfolio Management Fiona v7.6.0 and on.
The Resource Scenario Simulator allows the user to gain a high level vision of the capacity of resources with a
specific job category, in relation to planned hours (in projects initiating or planning) and hours allocated in projects in execution status. This information will allow you to plan the execution start date of projects now in initiating and planning status, knowing the capacity estimation of your resources and therefore assuring its disponibility.In the Resource Scenario Simulator, once the simulation has been executed, you will find a table for every single job
category selected that will display all this information:
• PLANNED HOURS: You will see the total amount of planned hours, either in Virtual Preassigments and/
or TM Preassigments/Assigments. It is important to remember that Planned Hours may vary if they come from:
• VIRTUAL PREASSIGMENTS: They do not have an associated Calendar, and therefore when calculating
the workload in hours generic working days of 8 hours/5 days a week (from Monday to Friday) apply, so
exception days are considered WORKING DAYS.
• TM PREASSIGMENTS AND ASSIGMENTS: In the case of TM Assigments/Preassigments, a calendar is
associated to each TM, therefore when calculating the workload in hours (in preassigments and assigments)
exception days are considered NON-WORKING DAYS.
• THEORETICAL CAPACITY: It represents the maximum quantity of working hours per month that can
be executed when all TMs from the same PO and Job Category are allocated. When calculating this Theoretical
Capacity a generic working day of 8 hours/5 days a week (from Monday to Friday) applies, so exception days
are considered WORKING DAYS.
• OPERATIONS: This field represents the sum of Operation hours approved in APP2 and APP3 per month
(holidays, medical leave, etc.) for all TMs from the same PO and Job Category.
• TOTAL CAPACITY FOR PROJECTS: It is calculted as [THEORETICAL CAPACITY] –
[OPERATIONS] and represents, for all TMs from the same PO and Job Category, the quantity of work hours
available per month, not considering any possible scheduled absences.
• CAPACITY ALLOCATED IN PROGRESS (EXECUTION): It represents, for projects in
progress status, the quantity of work hours assigned in either Virtual Preassigments or TM Preassigments/
Assigments for TMs with an specific PO and Job Category.
• CAPACITY AVAILABLE: It is calculted as [TOTAL CAPACITY FOR PROJECTS] – [CAPACITY
ALLOCATED IN PROGRESS] and represents the real amount of TM working hours available for other projects
in initiating or planning status, where all TMs share the same job category.
• CAPACITY REQUIRED: It is calculated as the sum of all Planned Hours in all the projects to be simulated.
• BALANCE: This is the result of the simulation and pictures a different value, positive or negative, based on
whether you have enough TMs available with an specific job category to allow you to execute your project in the simulated timeframe. It is calculated as the substraction [CAPACITY AVAILABLE] – [CAPACITY REQUIRED]