Resource Allocation in OpenPPM 04-07-2016 Creator: Richa Shetty

Home Forums OpenPPM Bulma 4.2.9 Resource Allocation in OpenPPM 04-07-2016 Creator: Richa Shetty

• This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TalaiaOpenPPM
    Participant

Hi,

Ive been evaluating the software, and for the most part the documentation has been very helpful. Thank you for that. However, I’ve been facing problems in resource allocation. The option to “Assign” a resource to a requested project isnt available for the Resource Manager, the only options available are – “Propose” and “Turn Down”.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this issue?

-Talaia (05-07-2016)

Hi Richa,

In order for a RM to be able to approve a Resource Assigment, the project status need to be Planning or Execution status.
    If project is in initiating status then you only get these 2 options.

Hope this helps,

Fabrice

-Richa Shetty (12-07-2016)

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you, thats very helpful.
    However, now I would like to know, how do I update the status of the project to Planning or Exection?

Also, signed in as PMO, I cant find the option to create WBS Templates. Under Maintence the tab is visible, however, the plus sign isnt available.

Richa

-José Manuel Cordero (12-07-2016)

Hi. If the project is in “Initiating”, you have to aprobe the Investment to change the state.
    Then you have a “Planning” Project.
    To change the state to “Execution”, in the menu “Projects” under the “Plan” tab, at the bottom of page, you should find the “Proceed to Execution” option.
    Now, you are executing the project.

To edit the WBS Template. First you have to create a WBS into a project. Then you should find the “WBS Export”. Do it and then, go to the maintenance menu and you’ll find all the exported WBS.

Bye

-Richa Shetty (15-07-2016)

Hi Jose,

Thank you so much.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.